Monday, January 13, 2014

New Year, New ME!

This quote is so true!! It is going to take a lot of hard work to get the body you want and there might be days when you want to give up because you haven't seen results yet or you're too tired that day but you MUST keep going! I finally had enough of feeling insecure in my own body and was ready to make a change. November was the month I decided to do something about it and I joined my first Beachbody challenge group. A friend and fellow blogger, Bekah Bruce at http://thebrucebrood.blogspot.com/ motivated me through her inspirational posts on Facebook that it was time to get in shape even before the new year with her "Little Black Dress" Challenge. Why did I want to do this? What made me finally ready to change for the better?
I felt like after getting married in June 2012, I just kind of let myself go to be honest. I didn't care about working out or watching what I ate because I had a husband who loved me! I also had no motivation at all (did I mention my favorite place to eat is Buffalo Wild Wings). I have terrible eating habits.. I love fried food, candy, and drinking my wine. I use to be active back in high school and college but then it seemed to go downhill after that. My breaking point was not fitting into hardly any of my clothes and I have A LOT of clothes, like 2 closets full of fashion that I felt I couldn't fit in anymore! It was horrible when you can try on a hundred million shirts and still see lumps and love handles hanging over because your pants are also way too tight. I was tired of going out and buying larges and a size bigger pant just to get by with disguising how much weight I really had gained. I wanted my skinny wardrobe back and I was ready to make that happen! 
My workout of choice was the Brazil Butt Lift and I absolutely LOVED it!!! It was such a fun workout but worked my body into shape as well. I could tell it was working just after a few weeks. I love to dance and the Cardio Axe video was like a fun zumba class. I actually looked forward to working out everyday and that has never happened. I began to notice my clothes fitting better, having more energy, and the overall feeling of happiness!!! My husband Jeff was so supportive the whole time and it felt great to hear him say how beautiful and skinny I was looking! I'm very thankful for his positive encouragement when I felt down or wanted to miss a workout day. I lost a little over 20 inches all over my body and dropped a size :) Now I want to share my results with the blog world because I am happy proud of what I accomplished in 2 months and know this is just the beginning of a new ME! If these pictures can help motivate or inspire just one person that is worth getting over being embarrassed of people seeing me in a swimsuit. I am a work in progress and want others to know... if I can do it, YOU can do it! I am getting ready to do another round of BBL and can't wait to see how much more my body will change after that. 
Look how mad I am in my before picture haha
Make 2014 your best year yet & become the best version of yourself :)
XOXO,
Sara

2 comments:

  1. You should be so proud! You look amazing! What a wonderful gift you have given yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete